Since its creation, Cooper Gay has been one of the leading MGAs specialising in sports insurance, with a particular focus on coverage of football clubs (players’ value insurance).
We have since extended our range of products and underwrite risks from a wider range of sports activities including rugby and basketball clubs, PA all sports, etc.
We underwrite sports insurance risks on behalf of leading carriers and benefit from underwriting delegated authorities from the UK, European and other international insurance companies.
Our expertise both in underwriting and claims management, is recognised by brokers, insurers and reinsurers and we are a key player in this niche market.
What we cover
Our standard covers include accidental death, terminal illness, temporary total disablement (TTD) and permanent total disablement (PTD)/loss of licence.
Our areas of expertise:
- Football clubs – players’ value insurance.
- Rugby and basketball clubs.
- PA all sports including cycling, mechanical sports and more.
- Players’ transfers / players’ sales.
- Default risk for a club purchasing a player – see further details on our ‘Trade credit’ page
- Prize indemnity – see further details on our ‘Special risks’ page
- Sportive event cancellation – see further details on our ‘Special risks’ page
We can write business in France, Monaco and EEA.
We mainly work with French and other EEA registered retail brokers.
Our other specialist insurance products